Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Garden Party

I decided to do a garden party theme for my daughter's party. Here are some of the pictures from her day. For the decorations I made some balloon flowers and hung them from the ceiling in the living room and dining room. I also decorated with butterflies on the patio door and pendant light above our table.

For the craft we put together these fun little flower pens.

I just wrapped floral tape around the pen and the stem of the silk flower. The girls loved them.
I made these little bug clippies to go in the treat bags for each girl.

I found these fun felt house treat bags at the dollar store and filled them with the goodies. As well each girl took a pinwheel home too.
I finally decided on a ladybug cake, and had a friend help me make up the icing. (I've never done red before) I think it turned out quite cute. The spots are junior mints, the eyes are green gobstoppers, the legs and antennae are black nibs cut in half and I used oreo crumbs over chocolate icing for the head and body to make it black.
One of the girls commented that it was the best birthday party she had ever been to, so I think it was a hit :)

No comments: