Friday, February 6, 2009

Masculine Valentine

I like to give my husband a card on Valentine's Day, but I'm pretty sure he doesn't want one that is all pinks and reds with hearts and Cupid's on it. So for today's card I created one that is worthy to give to that special man in your life, that he won't turn his nose up at.....hopefully. I took some Desert Sand CS and placed it over top of one of these metal bookplates. Then using my embossing stylus, I rubbed around the texture to make the image stand out on the CS. I then sanded the raised image lightly with 220 grit sandpaper. I used the same technique on the score lines on my base. This reveals the white core in the cardstock. I took my stipple brush and distressed using Cocoa ink on the base and the bookplate, then stamped the sentiment in the box. I attached the bookplate piece using some Antique copper brads. I know my hubby wouldn't be disappointed with this Valentine. I hope your would like it too.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh, I like this! I guess Valentine's don't have to be red and pink! Thanks!