Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Purple Love

I have had this patterned paper for quite some time now. It actually came in a Halloween themed paper pack. In my efforts to seriously reduce the amount of paper I have in my stash, I decided it would be perfect for this Valentine Card. I stamped the Heart image and the Valentine Sentiment using black pigment ink. I covered it with clear embossing powder, and embossed the images. (This technique works when you are in a pinch and don't have the right color of embossing powder) I mounted the image on a black scalloped square and popped it up using dimensional foam adhesive. I tied a ribbon on and attached a charm using White Hemp.

What are some ways that you have used items that are "outside the box" ? I would love to hear of ways that you have used items that didn' t normally go together.

No comments: